Trojan found after using Rebound

Colonel

GTA V VIP
Jan 2, 2024
Germany
Windows shows me that Rebound ineject via Trojan 32 Wacatac B Ml. WIch is a pretty shitty Trojan to get.

Any help for that?

Reactions: DaDonald

Darrell

šŸš¬ Ice in my veins; skids up in flames.
Staff member
Lead Administrator
Administrator
Staff Supervisor
Community Manager
Tech Support
GTA V Tester
Sep 7, 2021
/dev/ecryptfs
reboundcheats.org
Game cheats often trigger false-positives with antivirus software because they use techniques that can resemble malicious activities. Game cheats work by injecting dynamic link libraries (DLLs) into running processes on the system to modify the game's memory.

Here's an overly-simplified explanation of how most game cheats work: Cheats inject custom DLL files into the game's process memory space. These DLLs contain code that can manipulate the game's data and functions. Once injected, the DLL can locate specific memory addresses where game data is stored, such as player health, ammo, or in-game currency. The DLL can then modify these values to the player's advantage. Many features, including aimbots, wallhacks, speed boosts, and more, are activated by manipulating the game's code or memory. However, because these techniques closely resemble the actions of malware, they may trigger antivirus software alerts.

In GTA V, we develop Rebound's mod menu by exploiting the game's "natives". "Natives" are essentially predefined functions or methods provided by the game's engine. These natives allow us to interact with and manipulate the game. We code our mod menu by calling specific natives/functions provided by the game. For example, we might use a native to spawn a specific vehicle, change the time of day, or modify character attributes. Many GTA V mod menus alter the game's code or add new scripts to it. These code changes can appear suspicious to antivirus software, as they might resemble the behavior of malware or Trojans that also modify system files.

Similarly, Rebound's binary may occasionally trigger a false-positive detection as "Trojan:32/Wacatac.B!ml" due to the implementation of code protection and obfuscation techniques. These measures are implemented to safeguard the integrity of our code and prevent unauthorized reverse engineering or cracking attempts by adversaries, including competitors.

With over 25,000 customers using our cheat, any malicious intent on our part would have garnered much more attention than occasional antivirus false-positives. Rest assured, our cheats are safe. Our business thrives on customer trust, and we are committed to maintaining that trust to ensure our continued success. Deliberately attempting to infect our users would be counterproductive and detrimental to our income.

Additionally, I would like to point out that "Trojan:32/Wacatac.B!ml" is a generic detection name generally employed by antivirus software. I am unsure what you mean by, "a pretty shitty Trojan to get."

Reactions: Colonel

Ploptartz

GTA V VIP
Jan 21, 2023
Illinois
As a longtime user of many menus they all say it my friend. Nothing to worry about.
You should have your anti virus off before running the menu so it doesn't block it off